My name is Mark John Buenconsejo, and here are 10 things about me:
- I am a computer programmer, and have been coding since the 90s.
- I strive to improve my practice of wondering, curious, reflecting, vulnerability, coding, advising, coaching, and facilitating.
- I am interested in using software to help solve big problems in the field of Healthcare, Education, Finance, and Economic Opportunity.
- I am curious about many things (specially social behavior), and obsess in understanding them, and learning deeper.
- I prefer working in a small team, with big ambitions.
- I have co-started a few businesses, since 1999. My most recent one is Next Level.
- I like to go on an adventure, discover things, endure hard stuffs, and grow my boundaries.
- I like being outdoors, be it by run, hike, bike, swim, or camp. One day or multi-day events are interesting for me.
- The longest endurance activity i have finished was 12hrs on a run, and i look forward to extending this in the future.
- I live with my wife and our 3 kids, in Cebu, Philippines.
- Twitter - this is my main distribution channel for content i share online.
- Instagram - photos i've taken that i find interesting to share.
- GitHub - codes i wrote and allowed to share online.
- LinkedIn - my professional background and resume.
- Strava - sports data from my adventures.
- Vimeo - videos i've produced so far.
I help software teams become better and create high quality software. Visit my consulting business, Next Level, for more information.
Current mission in life (perhaps until i'm 50):
- Understand how teams in software companies thrive, grow, and create software.
- Create content and tools that help teams in companies within Asia (markets: PH, SG, JP, AU, IND, MY), who are creating software, to develop and sustain.
- Strengthen and be with my family, as my kids go through the most transformative years of their life (14 to 28).
- Expand my boundaries, gain new perspectives of how i understand my life, others, everyone, and see more of the world.
- Improve my skills in: creative/essay writing, sleeping, awareness of self and others, focus and mindfulness, and public speaking.
I write on topics about life, learning, human behavior, psychology, mindfulness, self development, economics, society formation, social relationships, languages, culture, fitness, and adventure.
Read more from my blog.